online The motor vehicles act of 1988 states that no individual will be allowed to drive a motor vehicle in a public place with a valid driving license and it is a punishable offence. So if you have always put aside going to the regional transport office as it is time to consuming or are not sure how to apply for driving license in your city.
People of all age love to ride a bike or drive a car and they prefer to be independent and to be able to travel from one point to another without depending on others. Though cabs and public transport has improved greatly in the last decade it but people prefer to drive on their own though learning how to drive is the first step and applying for a driving license is the most important step if you decide to drive on the roads.
Unlike decades ago people can now go online and apply for driving license in few seconds and you do not have to stand in long queue to submit your DL application. Applying for driving license is a very easy procedure.
Different types of driving license in Tamilnadu
Diesel in Tamilnadu is classified into non transport and transport vehicles. In Tamilnadu driving license is issued on the basis of the vehicle type and individual wants to drive.
Transport vehicle: this type of driving license is issued to individuals who wish to drive commercial vehicles.
Various categories of license issued for transport vehicle include
Light motor vehicle: this includes vehicles such as auto rickshaws, Jeep, taxis, delivery vans etc. And heavy motor vehicles include trucks, buses tractors etc.
Non transport vehicles: an individual seeking a driving license for a non transport vehicles cannot drive transport vehicles such as trucks, tractors, buses etc. This type of license is issued to individuals who want to avail a driving license for driving a personal vehicle and the use of a non transport vehicle is strictly restricted to driving a private car two wheeler and motorcycles without gear.
Eligibility for obtaining a driving license in Tamilnadu
1. To apply for driving license for motorcycle with gear, light motor vehicle and application should have completed the age of 18 years.
2. To apply for driving license for a motorcycle without gear having an engine capacity not exceeding 50 cc I applicant should have completed the age of 16 years.
3. an applicant can apply for a permanent driving license after 30 days of getting a learners license and the applicant should apply for permanent driving license within 180 days from the date of issue of the learners license.
4. to apply for driving license for a commercial vehicle and applicant should have completed the age of 35 years under to be eligible to apply for permanent driving license and applicant should have to first hold the learning license.
5. An applicant must be aware of all the traffic rules and regulations.
Applying for learners license online
To apply for a learners license online traffic and has to visit the sarathi website of the ministry of road transport and highways.
Driving license is a necessary document which can be submitted as a government identity proof and the applicant will have to visit the concerned authorities as per test booking slot.
As per rules a person has to get a learners license to be eligible to get a driving license after expiry of 30 days since getting the learners license the applicant has to apply for driving license and driving license is the mandatory requirement for driving any kind of motor vehicle in India.
To the issuing of driving license is a state system government of India has made getting it is there an online option for the application process has been made available through a government website and dear driving license is a necessary document which can be submitted as a government identity proof for various other purposes such as getting and Aadhaar card and passport.
To apply for your learners license online the applicant has to visit the sarathi website of the ministry of road transport and highways and has to go through four stages to apply.
Documents for obtaining driving license in Tamilnadu
Address proof: Applicants will have to produce the below documents at the RTO to obtain the driving license
* Life insurance policy
* Government issued payslip
* Voter’s ID
Age proof: Applications can produce any one of the below documents
* School certificate
* Aadhaar card
* PAN card
* Birth certificate
Other documents to be submitted:
* Original learning license
* Application form 4
* Application fee of rs.200
* Valid vehicle documents.
Application for service on driving license
* First enter the DL number and date of birth in the respective field and click on ‘Go’.
* On clicking ‘Go’ , the website will automatically fill the last Endorsed details.
* In the ‘ Submit Request to ‘ section you have to select the state and RTO from the dropdown menu of the apply to state and RTO sections.
*Click on ‘Proceed’ to go to the next step.
Application number search:
To get application details you have to do the following
Choose the state from the select state name dropdown menu
Once you do that you will get an option to choose the RTO and select the RTO name from the other name dropdown menu
enter your first name, middle name, last name, Date of birth and enter the captcha code then click on ‘submit’.
The applicants need student application number and date of birth in the corresponding menu and click the ‘click here to calculate free’ option select bank and gateway from the dropdown menu and generator code in the corresponding field and click on ‘pay now’ button.
Applicant will have to visit the concerned authorities as per test booking slot after which the learners license will be provided.
IF YOU LIKE THIS NEWS PLEASE DO LIKE,SHARE AND SUBSCRIBE .