As the name indicates, sarvangasana influences the functioning of all parts of your body and this arsena is highly beneficial in maintaining the mental and physical health so it referred as queen of aasanas. Sarvangasana or shoulder stand aasana is a yoga pose wherein the whole body is balance on the shoulders and it also a part of the Padma sadhana yoga sequence.
” Sarv ” means All, ” Anga ” means part of a body and ” Aasana ” is a posture. One should concentrate on getting the legs, waist and the back in one straight line and making this line 90° with the ground.
In this asana the arms up up to the elbows are placed on the floor shoulder width apart. The body from the feet to the shoulders is in a straight line and the chest is pushed forward and the chin is placed in the throat pit which is called Jalandhar Banda. All the pressure is on the neck,shoulders and the back of the head and the hands are please down the back hips, the legs are straight and the feet are relaxed.
Sarvangasana is one of the advanced approaches to yoga packed with Many health benefits. if you read the health benefits of sarvangasana then you like to do this yoga pose everyday and it is an attitude of total body training because it strengthens all the the internal parts of your body and keeps it strong and healthy so it is also called as shoulder pose.
Health benefits: sarvangasana
* Stagnant blood from the lower regions of the body for example legs and abdomen is drained to the heart thereby improving the supply of fresh blood to these parts and the whole circulatory system so blood supply to the head area like brain, eyes , nose, ears and throat is improved thereby improving their functioning. Therefore all of the pelvic and abdominal area circulation ailments are improved.
* The lung capacity is increased at the diaphragm, which is the muscle of respiration has to work against gravity in this posture and also this helps in the abdominal respiration and also therefore helpful in the treatment of asthma. Toxins in the respiratory system or drained thereby improving the respiratory system and also prevents then cure varicose veins.
* The Jalandhar Banda improve the function of the thyroid and parathyroid due to the increase Oxygen and blood soul of the other endocrine glands are regulated by the pituitary gland so the overall function of the endocrine system is improved and this is results in the improved functions of all other systems of the body and also the reduction of emotional and mental stress it also normalizes the body weight due to its effect on the thyroid.
* Diseases caused in and around groin also called as hernia area will be cured and practice sarvangasana regularly decrease or increase body weight and also maintains the perfect body weight.
* While practicing this yoga pose more blood flows into throat thyroid gland will be invigorated and also hair loss and premature greying of hair or put to the end of controlled.
* Due to the effect of this asana on the hormonal system particularly the thyroid it balances the circulatory digestive reproductive and nervous system.
* Detoxification of the body due to improved efficiency of the organs of the body which leads to youthfulness and anti-aging effects and it is also due to the increased blood flow to the head and the mind is tranquilized so the stress and psychological disturbances are removed.
* The digestive system is greatly improved due to the increase in blood circulation and drainage of stagnant blood so the nerves passing through the neck or toned and the neck flexibility is increased.
* It balances the parathyroid glands which ensures regeneration and the normal development of the bones so it releases the normal gravitational pressure from the anus muscles which helps with haemorrhoids.
* It is beneficial for the reproductive system as there is fresh blood to the pelvic region has the stagnant blood is flushed from the organs and therefore increase the efficiency of the protective organs so it strengthens the uterine ligaments as the gravity acting on the ligaments in sarvangasana in the opposite direction.
* It helps to balance the moods and calm the mind and also it improves the functioning of the ovaries.
Precautions and contraindications:
* It should be avoided if suffering from a very enlarged thyroid and enlarged sleeping for liver as well as cervical spondylosis, headache and weak blood vessels in the eyes.
* It should not be performed by people suffering from high blood pressure and heart conditions for brain disease.
* Consult your physician before doing the serving us know if you have any of the following health conditions like high blood pressure, heart problem, pregnancy, neck pain etc.
It is important to learn and practice yoga poses under the supervision of a trained your heart teachers in case of any medical condition practice yoga poses after consulting a doctor or yoga teacher. Yoga practice helps to develop the body and mind bringing a lot of health benefits yet is not a substitute for medicine.
India schedule is designed in very balanced way that it keeps the student in contemplation of the subject throughout the day and also allows them to have the personal time and the schedule is the best integration of theory and also practice of yoga so it is also allows the student to stay energetic for all the classes.
IF YOU LIKE THIS NEWS PLEASE DO LIKE,SHARE AND SUBSCRIBE.